installation CD/DVD of ia64 is not being recognized on boot

hi

A month ago, I installed Debian Etch in a i386 laptop and became very happy with it. Now I'm trying to install in my ia64 desktop, but the the media, either CD or DVD (both disc 1 of 40r3), aren't being recognized on boot. I haven't got any problem with the installation disc, also ia64, of the other distro. When I get the disc to i386 in my 64bits PC and boot, it's recognized, but there're problems in the installation.

I don't know what to do. What's the problem with the discs?

Rudolf