[stable, D-I] Kernel selection broken for some architectures

Unfortunately we seem to have missed a change that was needed because of
the ABI change in 3.1r3. We have not noticed this until now because the
old kernels were still included in the archive and on CD images. With
3.1r5 the old images were removed which brought the issue to the surface.

The result of this is that for some architectures (i386, hppa, ia64, s390)
an incorrect kernel may be selected during base installation.
See also: #412295, #412909.

The changes should have been made in some default values included in the
rootskel udeb. Updating the rootskel udeb now would mean that we would
need to rebuild D-I images, which is obviously not very desirable.

Fortunately an alternative solution is possible: correcting the default
after it has been read from the debconf database.

I have implemented this solution in base-installer (1.13.4sarge2) and
uploaded that new version to stable. As base-installer is not included in
D-I initrds for the affected architectures, this means we "only" need to
include this new version in stable and rebuild CD images.

I understand that a 3.1r5a was already being considered, so this fix could
be included in that update.

For the mean time I have added an erratum item in the appropriate places
on the website (will be visible after next website rebuild):
- http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/debian-installer/
- http://www.debian.org/CD/releases/

Cheers,
FJP