Re:

On Wed, 09 May 2007, Brian Morris wrote:
> boy you are one mean bureaucratic honcho. where do
> you get off talking down to people like that ?
[...]
> (you are not courteous in your reply. Isn't there some
> possible alternative ?)

Sorry to have to state it, but Frans has just stated some facts and
explained the situation. He hasn't done anything bad. Your answer however
is very impolite. :-(

> it loooks to me like testing is there.  I think you are in error
> about that, or else there is some dispute.

There's no http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/binary-m68k/

The m68k architecture is not currently in testing. That's a fact.

> additionally there is unstable, and there is etch-m68k on
> the mirrors in the pool directories.

Right.

> we should have cd-images for all of those. no, we should

We should... however we're volunteers and you're welcome to help if you're
not happy with the current situation.

> additionally it should be no secret if I wanted to make
> my own templates.

There's no secrets. Check out the debian-cd package, it contains
everything needed to build yourself updated CD images.

> it seems to me you are blocking the possibility of reinstatement
> of the port by not providing the means to create images.

That's wrong. We're not blocking anything. m68k has many other problems to
solve before CD images are a real problem.

That said, maybe that Steve can build weely images based on sid for m68k.

Raphaël Hertzog