Re: too many CD ISOs

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:59:35 -0700
Matt Taggart <taggart@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi debian-cd,
>
> With etch having 20+ CDROM sized ISOs per arch (plus businesscard, netinst,
> kde, and xfcd) I am beginning to be reminded of when I first started using
> Linux and installing required a huge stack of floppies :)

[...]

> For the folks that these images are for, the ones far off the internet, I have
> no idea how many CD images lenny will require,

let's remember: Potato required 3 CDs, Woody 7 and Sarge 14 and Etch 21.
Also, we find Woody on 1 DVD, Sarge on 2 and Etch on 3 DVDs.
So Lenny will require 7 DVDs, Lenny+1 14 and Lenny+2 21 DVDs. You can multiply these numbers with 7, and you will have the count of CD-isos. (Lenny 49, Lenny+1 98 and Lenny+2 147)

Dirk.