Re: About RockRidge

Hi Michael,

Tks for your advice.

- snip -

> But the answer you're really looking for is tar.

On transferring data from one HD to another HD I'm using EITHER tar,
then burning the tarball on CD, OR dd with the second HD connected as
slave.  However the tarball could not be read direct on CD without
untaring it.  So I'm looking for another route still with data burned
on CD and came across RockRidge.  If I can find a solution then the CD
can be used as backup with its data read direct on any PC.

I'll go back to the old route.  Tks again for your advice.

B.R.
SL