Re: Searching through the contents of .jigdo files: jigdo-search.php

On Wednesday 24 August 2005 18:22, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 05:43:54PM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 August 2005 02:33, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > It seems to me that the best place to integrate this would be on
> > > packages.debian.org. A "what CD is this package on?" link or even just
> > > a "Package on CD n" would be great.
> >
> > It would be hard to get accuracy imho because Richard's script
> > searches/lists the content of jigdo files which are snapshot of stable /
> > testing/ ! unstable suites lagging ~ a week behind the current state
>
> That's true, but if someone were to download an image immediately after the
> search query, they'd get the right one, because the actual images lag
> behind just like the .jigdo files.

Ah, a wrong case of mine, sorry. The case is that you can have a package
currently in testing at ftp archive and not having it in jigdo testing files
because this package has not not been in testing when these jigdo/image files
have been snapped.. e.g. previous week or so. A good reason imho not to bind
searches on current ftp archive with searches on jigdo snapped a ~week ago or
at least to mention the lag between two sources.

> I'd actually like to get this script off my own server and onto a Debian
> machine, as IMHO that is where it belongs. However, it needs PHP 4.3 or
> later, and is pretty CPU-intensive (currently does a fulltext search) - any
> chance of installing it on saens a.k.a. packages.d.o?

It is quite useful
You may want to give more hints to newcomers describing the hidden 'list
contents' feature - "list of cached files" becomes smth like "list of cached
files and their / media / contents", before they hit you back missing it
badly ;-)

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB