Re: Searching through the contents of .jigdo files: jigdo-search.php

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 05:43:54PM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 02:33, Joey Hess wrote:
> > It seems to me that the best place to integrate this would be on
> > packages.debian.org. A "what CD is this package on?" link or even just
> > a "Package on CD n" would be great.
>
> It would be hard to get accuracy imho because Richard's script
> searches/lists the content of jigdo files which are snapshot of stable /
> testing/ ! unstable suites lagging ~ a week behind the current state

That's true, but if someone were to download an image immediately after the
search query, they'd get the right one, because the actual images lag
behind just like the .jigdo files.

I'd actually like to get this script off my own server and onto a Debian
machine, as IMHO that is where it belongs. However, it needs PHP 4.3 or
later, and is pretty CPU-intensive (currently does a fulltext search) - any
chance of installing it on saens a.k.a. packages.d.o?

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯