Re: amd64 sarge installation cds with 2.6.12

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Otavio Salvador wrote:

Hmm, that's a pretty good question.  I guess another good question is:
Do you _need_ udev at all?

If you want to use gnome-volume-manager, yes!

How about just for normal, default, basic use of the system?

All I know about udev is that it manages device nodes, but does it do so by default in the 2.6 Debian stock kernels, or do you need to enable it?

                                                                 Faheem.