Re: amd64 sarge installation cds with 2.6.12

Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> writes:

> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 11:27:57PM +0200, Frederik Schueler wrote:
>
>>> It was accepted into unstable today, should be autobuilt tonight,
>>> and become available tomorrow during the day as mirrors sync.
>
>> I will try to build a new netinst image with that tomorrow then.
>
>> Must remember to add back tg3 I guess which disappeared after 2.6.8
>> sometime.  Unless it didn't make it in I guess. :)
>
> Thanks. That's very helpful. If you could make the source for the
> netinst build publicly available so people could do tweaks if
> necessary, that would be even more helpful.
>
> Thanks.                                                       Faheem.

apt-get install debian-cd

I configure the CONF.sh for normal CD builds, setting the path and
such and then override a few things for netinst (see below):

Building is then done with

export CF=./CONF-netinst.sh
./build.sh

You probably have to build for etch and change the D-I task file for
the new kernel though.

MfG
        Goswin
% cat CONF-netinst.sh
#!/bin/sh
#
# extra setting for a netinst CD

. ./CONF.sh

export NORECOMMENDS=1
export NOSUGGESTS=1
export COMPLETE=0
# businesscard image
#export INSTALLER_CD=1
#export TASK=tasks/debian-installer-sarge
# netinst image
export INSTALLER_CD=2
export TASK=tasks/debian-installer+kernel-sarge
export DOJIGDO=0
export DI=sarge
export DI_DIST=sarge
export IMAGETARGET=bin-official_images