Re: http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386/iso-dvd/ does not contain valid ISO-images

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, George Danchev wrote:

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 20:50, Klaus Ruebsam wrote:
Hi folks,

Thanks for releasing the newest version of Debian 3.1

Unfortunately the ISO-images contained in
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386/iso-dvd/ do not have
the correct size (one is 382.6 MB, the other one just 130.7 MB instead
of the listed filesizes of 4.4 and 4.1 GIG!). I?m have tried both with
Firefox and with IE, both with same readings. Is there something that I
did wrong? I also tried to download via BitTorrent, but could not
receive a single Byte.

You should never try to download such big file with any browser ;-)
Also you need a download client supporting big files (over 2G) like the latest version of wget for example.

Note that the latest version of wget in debian does not support large files. I recommend lftp (with the lftpget command line util) for http and ftp downloads.

I have verified the downloads from cdimage.d.o when I put the files up, the problem is on your side.

/Mattias Wadenstein