Re: TODO for Sarge: address #249386 - kernel-headers on CD1

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 01:14:36AM +1000, Andrew Lau wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>Steve McIntyre asked me to send a reminder to this list concerning:
>
>#249386: debian-cd: Sarge CD1 jigdo file lacks matching
>kernel-headers/source package
>
><http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=249386>
>
>It's essential that the kernel-headers packages for the accompanying d-i
>kernel is not left off the first CD or else it can make the process of
>getting a network connection (or X11 for that matter) up and running for
>future unsupported hardware with 3rd party modules all but impossible if
>one doesn't have all the Debian CDs on hand with them during the
>install.

In the end, we've managed to get kernel-headers on CD#1 for i386
easily, and will do the same on amd64, but on other arches:

 a) there's not much point
 b) it screwed up tasks

so we didn't do it for any others. I hope that does what you need...

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I...