are DVD sarge images bootable?

I just used jigdo to build DVD iso's of the latest snapshot of sarge, then
burned the iso's to DVD.  I tried to boot from the first DVD in the set
(there are 2), but my PC wouldn't boot from it.  I've never tried to boot
from a bootable DVD before, but I know I can boot from bootable CDs.

Questions:

- Are the sarge DVD iso's that jigdo creates normally bootable?

- How can I examine a DVD or ISO image and determine whether it's bootable?

Thanks,
Andrew.