Re: Another about SID in ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/sid/jigdo/

Santiago Vila wrote:
You say people should not use SID at all.
Excuse me, where in earth I've said such thing?
Maybe it's just me who thinks that those images help a lot of people to have an up to date Debian system at home, so if you are against it, in my interpretation you say users should not use SID.

I've just said that sid CDs/DVDs should not be distributed, as the
Debian FAQ says. I'm just asking for a little bit of respect for a work
which is not yet finished.
I don't see too much difference between Sarge and SID in this topic. For a long amount of time Debian refused to release unstable images, because of the things you say above. Now there are official Sarge CDs. Sarge is also an ongoing project which is called unstable.

I'm fed up of hearing about people trying to install Debian from sid CDs
and asking about it on the lists. It could be that you are helping
some people, but I have no doubt that you are harming some users at
the same time.
Tell them what SID is. :)

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu