Re: Another about SID in ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/sid/jigdo/

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Attila Nagy wrote:

> Santiago Vila wrote:
> > I still have some hope that those who produce and distribute sid CDs
> > reconsider about it and stop doing so.
> Why? Debian contains old software, everybody knows. The release cycle is also
> different from the other distributions (does not depend on time, but on so
> called "readyness"), so people who love Debian use SID on their desktops.
>
> And -believe it or not- there are people who don't have high speed Internet
> access in their homes, and even ones, who don't have Internet at all!
>
> Those people grab the CDs/DVDs somewhere, and apt-get upgrade from it.
>
> You say people should not use SID at all.

Excuse me, where in earth I've said such thing?

I've just said that sid CDs/DVDs should not be distributed, as the
Debian FAQ says. I'm just asking for a little bit of respect for a work
which is not yet finished.

I'm fed up of hearing about people trying to install Debian from sid CDs
and asking about it on the lists. It could be that you are helping
some people, but I have no doubt that you are harming some users at
the same time.