Re: Errors on loop mounted DVD-image

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 10:07:01AM +0200, G. Klein wrote:
> Is there an issue with loop mounting >2GB images ?

No idea, sorry. Maybe a 2.6 kernel will make a difference.

> I am using kernel 2.4.21 on a notebook with sarge.
>
> Previous to using the DVD.iso I was using CD images, but here I can only
> loop-mount 8 images at a time. I have not found a way to increase the
> loop devices to more than 8 in order to mount all 12 CD.isos at the same
> time. Any suggestions ?!

I think that if you compile loop as a module, you can specify the number of
devices when loading the module, e.g. "modprobe loop max_loop=64". Or put a
line "options loop max_loop=64" into /etc/modutils/local (and run
update-modules to copy that into /etc/modules.conf).

You'll have to generate extra loop devices with mknod.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯