Errors on loop mounted DVD-image

Hi,

 I have sucessfully downloaded the DVD iso images for
sarge-i386 with jigdo. The image was o.k. according to
the jigdo status. When loop mounting the image I get
Input/Output errors reading some of the deb packages.
I get the impression, that all packages beyond the 2GB
of the image cannot be read, but I am not sure about that.
Is there an issue with loop mounting >2GB images ?
Can anyone point into the direction where to check.

I am using kernel 2.4.21 on a notebook with sarge.

Previous to using the DVD.iso I was using CD images,
but here I can only loop-mount 8 images at a time.
I have not found a way to increase the loop devices
to more than 8 in order to mount all 12 CD.isos at the
same time. Any suggestions ?!

cheers
Gerald

--