Re: Dual layer DVD

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Steve McIntyre wrote:

What I'd like us to do is create several image sizes for each arch:

Sounds good to me.

 1 business card image (ISO, maybe jigdo too)

 1 netinst image (ISO, maybe jigdo too)

Really, what good would jigdo do here? If you have such slow connection that downloading the data directly from a cd mirror would be painful, what are the chances that you have an up-to-date debian mirror locally?

 13 or 14 650 MB CDs (jigdos on the main cdimage site, with some
 mirrors carrying the full ISOs)

 2 4.7 GB DVDs (ditto)

I am expecting to carry one of those on cdimage.d.o for user convenience and at least the push-triggered mirrors, right now I'm going for the CDs. Any reasons for carrying DVDs instead?

I'll see if I can dig up some more storage to carry both, I don't have a good hardware donor lined up right now though.

 1 8.5 GB DL DVD image (probably jigdo only)

Seems resonable, since this would be of interest to vendors mostly from what I have seen from the discussion above.

/Mattias Wadenstein