Re: jigdo didn' t work for me. Bye bye Debian

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Garry Heaton wrote:

> Hello at Debian
>
> I'm new to Debian, having used Mandrake happily for years. I just tried
> using jigdo, followed all the instructions on the Debian site and would
> it download - would it not.
>
> If anything is going to put new users off using Debian it is surely your
> reluctance to make ANYTHING simple. I mean, with all the other distros
> you just download the ISOs and that's it. I don't know what it is with
> the Debian crowd but this simple process has been substituted with:

Not substituted with. It is just another way of downloading that might
very well be better, that is why it is recommended.

If you don't like the tool, don't use it. Just download the isos instead?

A link, if it was too hard to find:

http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian-cd/

/Mattias Wadenstein