Dialy net cd's, what's the differnece

Why is there a 10-8 CD and then a Daily dir?

Is the 10-8 known to work?

I want to do a Debian install using LVM, and I have
had no luck with the net-install cd's for the past
month.  Everytime I have tried a new net-install cd,
it bombs out at some point.  Is there a known good
version to download? 10-8 maybe?

I realize this is TESTING so I just wanted to know, I
don't care for the old of woody so sid/sarge is fine
with me, but like I pointed out, I would like to do
the LVM install initianlly.

Thank you, for all the hard work you do. ;-)