Re: I don't think I've ever gotten Jigdo working

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 05:49, Gordon Huff wrote:
> At 02:36 AM 1/27/2003 +1100, bob parker wrote:
> >Out of curiosity can you download a full cd iso on a dialup connection
> > that is dropped every 4 hours using wget?
> >
> >At the very least you have to find a site that supports resume.
> >
> >Bob
>
> I think so ... I'll run jigo-easy (and hence wget) in the background while
> I compose e-mail and I'll notice the send/receive LEDs have stopped ...
> when I look at the jigdo window has auto-resumed 2 or 3 times.
>
> I know that I can get a full cd on a dialup connection that drops every few
> hours with ncFtp,(I do it)and therefore I suspect wget will do it too. I'll
> try this -  a nice small project.
>
> Regards, Gordon

Interesting, I'm now inprocess of downloading the Knoppix iso using ncftp.
I expect it will take several days to complete at ~3 kB/sec. I'd still prefer
to use jigdo I think where that is available. Especially when the job is a
version upgrade with a low % of the files changed.

Regards
Bob