Re: More info on 3.0r1 update images

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 01:25:59PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I'd check how you've generated your list. I've just taken a few days to
> generate complete copies of _all_ the 3.0r0 and 3.0r1 CDs so I can
> extract the list of all files.

I've made some scripts to make lists in automatic mode.

These scripts can check the 2 CD sets, or check a set and a remote
repository.

In the first case I had a list that differs from your only for 3 pkgs:
 pool/contrib/m/med-bio-contrib/med-bio-contrib_0.1-1_all.deb
 pool/contrib/n/netscape4.base/communicator_4.77-2_i386.deb
 pool/contrib/n/netscape4.base/navigator_4.77-2_i386.deb
that are on your but not on mine.

In the second case I had the list I posted.

The scripts look at Packages files, and search package names and versions.
The missed packages are not on these files, but are on Packages.gz on remote
repository.
I nedd to check if they are on the CDs.

> I've grepped of this list against my lists (r0list, r1list and
> r0-r1.diff) and I get:
>
> r0list:dists/potato/contrib/binary-all/graphics/tkxanim_0.43-5.deb
[...]
> pool/non-US/main/f/freeswan/kernel-patch-freeswan_1.96-1.4_all.deb not found anywhere
>
> There are a few of your files that are not in either the 3.0r0 or
> 3.0r1 CDs - they were presumably excluded for a reason, but I can't
> think why. And all the ones that are only in r1 also show up in the
> diff (this matches the list of mistakes that you sent just after this
> mail). But almost all of the files you list appeared in both r0 and r1
> as far as I can see, which explains why they're not in the diff...

The lists r0list and r1list are taken from CDs or from repository?
If they came from CDs I don't understand why they are on your and not
on mine.

Bye
--
Gianfranco Di Prinzio