Tuxcds: egg on my face

What ironic  and embarrassing timing  --- my Tuxcds.com  order arrived
today!  All indications are that  it really *was* mailed on 12/18, and
has simply taken a (leisurely)  first-class time getting to me. So the
real culprit seems  to have been the USPS. The  package is not damaged
in any way, all the CDs look to be in good shape (I'll give them all a
spin shortly  to be sure).   Evidently, this little parcel  has simply
been gathering dust on a shelf  or in a bin while government employees
labored furtively around it.

Although it would  have been nice to have my  emails answered (my only
remaining complaint),  in this instance  (at least) tuxcds was  not at
fault in any  way. After reading some of the other  posts in this list
archive, I was  getting a little worried. But I'll  give them the best
vindication any customer  can --- I'll order my  next Debian dist from
them, although I think I'll pick Priority Mail next time. :-)

An unexpected and  pleasant side effect of this  (non) problem was the
number of  sympathetic emails  I got from  *other* Debian  CD vendors,
offering  to  help in  various  ways if  I  couldn't  get this  matter
resolved. Thanks, folks,  for renewing my faith in  human, Debian, and
Linuxian nature!

My only regret is that I didn't  *really* get to test out my theory of
indirect email access  via this list to a  Tuxcds human! Old assembler
hack that I am, it had a certain 'BAL,R15  *TUXCDS' appeal. :-)

 Vance W. Petree | W: 804-273-3276 | Dominion Resources Services, Inc.
 Senior Systems | H: 804-358-7659 | P. O. Box 26666, IN-2N Architect |
 E: vwp@acm.org | Richmond, VA 23261