[job #15092] debian 3.0r1

Since Debian has blown up in size so much the chance is unfortunately nil. We looked at creating a Debian 3.0r1 Update CD (with some automation inside) but even this task is problematic because this business is less familiar with the Debian architecture.

We were looking for a real simple efficient and if possible automated way to have Debian 3.0r1 installed using a Debian 3.0r0 CD set with 3.0r1 Update CD. We could not come up with one. In comparison in Gentoo's case:

mv /mnt/cdrom/* /usr/portage/distfiles
emerge -u world

would do the job.

Our Debian customers rely on us because they mostly have download limits or use dial-up to gain access to Debian. It is simply uneconomical to download 7 isos for 11 architectures every time Debian does a new release.

If a Debian guru can come up with a way to create a

Debian 3.0r0 -> 3.0r1 Update CD

then we are most happy to supply this disc to our Debian customers.

###< Job Log >###
Arrived: 2003-01-08 20:40:55 / sales - owner MK
Article: 37737 - debian 3.0r1 (2003-01-08 20:40:55)
any chance you guys will be selling full sets of debian 3.0r1 pressed or

also any chance of getting gnome2 for woody of you guys?

with kind regards,
  Christian chakkerz Unger

- < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > - < - > -
  http://naiv.sourceforge.net - Not Another Image Viewer

    If you would like to contribute,
    - in code
    - in testing
    - by helping with the website
    - or in any other way
    contact me on:       chakkerz_dev@optusnet.com.au

 "you don't need eyes to see, you need vision"
                                                    (Faithless - Reverence)

###< End Job Log >###