Re: What kernel stuff on CD1? Was Still no TeX in CD#1

On 29 May 2002, Philip Hands wrote:

> Does anyone have other candidates for a move, or reasons not to move any
> of the packages mentioned above?

These are the popularities in decreasing order:

xserver-xfree86                  475    90    41     0
kdelibs3                         338    63    42     0
kdebase                          274    29     2     6
mozilla-browser                  268    44   245     0
gimp1.2                          252   151    70     0
emacs21                          250    20     9     0
emacs20                          232    94    16     0
gnome-applets                    198    58   100     0
tuxracer-data                     48   123    11    11
emacs20-dl                        41     5     1     0
xfonts-base                       19   197     8   594
xfonts-100dpi                     11   181     5   578
erlang                             6    36     2     0
xspecs                             0     0     0   210
timidity-patches                   0     0     0   321
libopenh323-dbg                    0     0     1     0
doc-linux-text                     0     0     0   659
aspell-pt                          0     0     0    10
aspell-fr                          0     0     0    29
aspell-es                          0     0     0    15
aspell-de                          0     0     0    47
aspell-da                          0     0     0    11

The first number is the number of people in the popularity contest who
use the package regularly.

Hmm, I wonder why doc-linux-text has priority standard at all, when so few
people use it regularly... Anyway, I would drop all the aspell packages, plus
libopenh323-dbg, timidity-patches, xspecs, erlang and emacs20-dl.

In case the TeX task would still not fit, it would not be such a
disaster if we put tetex-bin, tetex-base and tetex-extra in the first
CD and the remaining of the TeX task in the second CD.

[ tetex-bin is used regularly by 715 people in the popularity contest ]

Thanks.