Re: Mini-ISO updated for bf 3.0.23

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 03:07:04PM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> On May 22, Steve Haslam wrote:
> > OK, I'll poke around with what I've got at the moment and see if I can find
> > out why these packages are being brought in... maybe I'll just drop a load
> > of them into an exclude list....
>
> I believe "make status" is responsible for most of the bloat; if you
> poke around in that part of the makefile, you can probably streamline
> it.  (I also recommend getting the latest debian-cd out of CVS if you
> haven't already; make status seems to have been trimmed a bit lately
> in the mainline debian-cd.  My code was a bit less subtle and just
> makes a smaller status file on its own using debootstrap IIRC.)

OK, thanks. Dropping kernel-* etc. into an exclude file certainly seemed to
work as a nasty fix though. So I'm getting reasonably sized ISOs, although I
notice the jigdo template file doesn't get significantly smaller :| I guess
the template just contains a few less "loads of zeroes until this .deb file
here" entries.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      http://www.arise.demon.co.uk/         araqnid@innocent.com