Re: Mini-ISO updated for bf 3.0.23

On May 22, Steve Haslam wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 11:34:21AM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > I've updated the unofficial mini-ISO at www.phy.olemiss.edu to include
> > the 3.0.23 boot-floppies along with a few other goodies; so, go forth
> > and test!
>
> How do you manage to persuade debian-cd to produce a 185M ISO? I tried using
> your .packages file as a "TASK" file for "make list" and ended up with an
> ISO of over 300M...

My guess is that somehow other tasks are being pulled in, or it is
trying to pull in a bunch of kernel-image packages (rather than using
debootstrap to make the base system list).

I'm not sure how to do it cleanly with an unhacked debian-cd these
days; however, all the files you need should be at:

http://www.lordsutch.com/cds/debian-cd/hacks.html

And yes, I need to make it into a tar file instead of a replicated
directory layout... ;-)

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Ph.D. Candidate, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5765