Re: Debian 3.0 Update CD

PÁSZTOR György wrote:
> "Martin Schulze" <joey@infodrom.org> írta 2002-12-14 20:18-kor:
> > I wonder if you are planning to provide a Debian 3.0 Update CD image
> > that contains all additions after 3.0r0 was released until the most
> > recent revision of 3.0.  Several people have shown interest in such
> > a CD image for off-line use as an addition to the official 3.0r0
> > images.
> I already planned a CD, which contains the updates.

Great.  What about an official update CD that can be fetched from
cdimage.debian.org?

> The usual woody/potato extra CD's one part is the updates from the r0 point
> relese to the newest sec. upgrades+ proposed upgrades.

Proposed-updates should not be part of any update cd since it's nearly
totally untested despite those packages that creeped in from
security.debian.org.

> Theese CDs are only for i386 architecture.

Why?  We should not prefer a random architecture over the other ones
released with woody.

> But you can create for any architecture with the "tools", i made for this
> purpose. See at http://debian.fsn.hu/~pasztor/dc2.tar.gz
> The result of the run of this stuff usually available at
> ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/woody
> ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/potato

Anybody up for this task?  I can't do it on my own unless somebody
implements fork() on me.

> PS.: Many users of thees CDs ask from me newer versions, but I always say
> that, I want to wait the 3.0r1. So I ask U: When will release out the r1?

Chances are that the update will be released tonight.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!