Download

Dear Debian,
I heard about Linux from a friend of mine and I decided to try it out.  But I am confused about what I need to dowland.  I have that Jigdo program.  But what files exactly to I need to download so that I can burn it to a cd or cd's to install it on my one of my computers to try.  Also, what are the system requirements for the newest version.  Are there any versions that will run on say a 486 or low Pentium?  Thank you for you help.

Sincerely,
Kirk Struik