Jigdo Development

Hi,
I was curious if there is any active development happening on jigdo. I just started using it today to get woody on cd and I would like to get involved. Jigdo is a really cool but I think it could be better. I would like to make the gui functional and include features like threaded scaling downloads from separate mirrors. This could really speed up downloading in a situation where the clients bandwidth is not the limiting factor. Also it would be cool to intelligently choose mirrors based on a metric like ping time or current throughput.
Anyways.  I just wanted to know the current situation.
Thanks,
-Paul Damer