Re: jigdo

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 03:34, Bradley Glonka wrote:
> I'm having a bit of a hard time with Jigdo.
> Does it really connect and disconnect from and ftp server for every file
> it needs to get?  I want to login to an ftp server and get as many files
> as I can.  I've tried several mirrors.
>
> Are the mirrors up to date?

As far as I know --- if they have the Debian3.0r0 link in dists, then
chances are it's up to date.

> Is the mirrors list up to date?

Are you trying to tell us it isn't?

> Is there a way to keep jigdo connected to a server?

Use HTTP (it doesn't keep it connected, but you don't get the login
overhead, so it's the same effect)

> What will define "official" images?

Official images are ones whos md5sum's match those in the MD5SUMS files
that I've signed.

> Phillip,

too many Ls, but never mind ;-)

> any chance we'll see "official" images on the cdimage rsync server?

You mean .iso's?  On current evidence, I don't think it would be
productive, because it would clog up cdimage.d.o to a point that the
people that are currently successfully using jigdo, might not be able to
grab snapshot files they might need, without really improving things.

There are a few mirrors offering .iso files, so if you need them, they
are out there.  If you tell me that those mirrors are too busy to be
usable, then you'll be making my point for me. :-)

> I've been trying for a few days now and still don't have one image
> created.

And your problem is what exactly?  You don't seem to have mentioned it
above.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/