Re: Sorting boot images into the beginning of the CD.

Le Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 06:53:33AM +0100, Richard Hirst écrivait:
> Sounds like a good idea to me, and may be more important for DVDs, where
> a boot image above 2G or 4G offset could trigger more BIOS bugs.  I have
> experimented with -sort myself for DVDs on ia64, but in that case the
> problem turned out to be a drive only being able to read the inner tracks
> of DVD+RW disks reliably.

Okay, if someone can provide a patch then, it would be great.

All the information we need is in /usr/share/doc/mkisofs/README.sort
The default "offset weight" is 0. You can prioritize complete
directories, you don't have to specify each file. In our case, we just
want /boot to be at the beginning (and maybe /install following).
We must take care because the content of the "sort file" depends of
the mkisofs command line (we must use exactly the same path than the one
given on the command line).