Re: Something to add to http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

Hi Christian,

so you finally found out which OS is best, hm? :-)

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 05:45:12AM +0200, Chris Kulas wrote:
> The much quoted image at http://people.debian.org/~ieure/netinst/ is of
> no use to me unfortunately since my old trusty Adaptec 2940UW (albeit
> with an 2.23 bios) is unable to load the bf2.4 image.
>
> The image found at
> http://people.debian.org/~dwhedon/boot-floppies/
> however worked like a charm.

I don't think www.d.o/CD/netinst/ is the right page for me to add that
information, since it applies equally to full-size CDs. Hm, I think
I'll add a new entry to the CD FAQ.

Thanks for the pointer! Does anybody else have additional links to
boot floppies for recent hardware?

> I only noticed that it was unable to create the final boot floppy disk
> at the end of base installation.

<sigh> I had this problem with Debian 2.2r0 - apparently it still
hasn't been fixed. :-/

Cheers,

  Richard

--