Re: First try on Hurd-H4-CD1 jigdo files

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:23:42AM +0200, Patrick Strasser wrote:
> Is there any way to give a local structure a higher priority in
> selecting the locations for the [Parts] section? I thought of mounting
> the image, but to get the files from alpha.gnu.org in a separate tree
> (as these are just some hundred packages, compared to a complete Debian
> mirror acceptable for me). Then jigdo-file should take the files which
> can be found in the alpha tree and label it (e.g. Alpha) even if the
> file exists in the mounted-image-tree. I think this could solve the
> problem.

Well, but to generate the template file in the first place, you
already need to give to jigdo-file a local Debian mirror, so you might
as well also pass to it any "Alpha" tree at the same time.

In the case that jigdo-file is given >1 files with the same md5sum, in
general (the details are a bit obscure) it will output an entry for
the file that was specified first on the command line.

> >As of 0.6.6, the default actually works: If the entry doesn't start
> >with http:/ftp:, it is considered to be an URL that is relative to
> >the URL of the .jigdo file.
> >
> I have to check that. I tested the jigdo file with 0.6.6. template
> was given as filename, hurd-H4-CD1.template, but jigdo-lite tried to
> fetch http://hurd-H4-CD1.template ...

Are you really sure that happened with 0.6.6?? It certainly happens
with 0.6.5, but it shouldn't with 0.6.6. :-/

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _