Re: First try on Hurd-H4-CD1 jigdo files

Richard Atterer wrote:

>Hello Patrick,
>
>On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 02:16:29PM +0200, Patrick Strasser wrote:
>
>>The image was mounted loopback to hurd-image in the jigdo dir.
>>
>I guess you mean the hurd-data/ dir you gave to jigdo-file below?

Exactly

>By specifying --label Name=/path you are saying "/path contains a
>directory structure which is available exactly like this from one or
>more servers on the internet". If the data on the hurd CD isn't
>available like that, the whole thing will break.

That's what happened :-(

>You want to use "--label Debian=/path/to/my/local/debian/mirror". It
>is necessary to have a local Debian mirror.

I need a filesystem structure like on the mirrors with at least all
needed files in right place.

Is there any way to give a local structure a higher priority in
selecting the locations for the [Parts] section? I thought of mounting
the image, but to get the files from alpha.gnu.org in a separate tree
(as these are just some hundred packages, compared to a complete Debian
mirror acceptable for me). Then jigdo-file should take the files which
can be found in the alpha tree and label it (e.g. Alpha) even if the
file exists in the mounted-image-tree. I think this could solve the
problem.
This could work with a filtered files list, so duplicate files would be
taken from the alpha tree.

But that would not solve the "moving targets" problem.

>As of 0.6.6, the default actually works: If the entry doesn't start
>with http:/ftp:, it is considered to be an URL that is relative to the
>URL of the .jigdo file.

I have to check that. I tested the jigdo file with 0.6.6. template was
given as filename, hurd-H4-CD1.template, but jigdo-lite tried to fetch
http://hurd-H4-CD1.template ...

Patrick

Patrick Strasser <pstrasser at bigfoot dot de>