Re: jigdo and template

Hello Jianbo,

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 11:36:37AM -0700, Jianbo Wang wrote:
> I tried to use jigdo-easy to download CD image, but got an error "oops,
> cannot download all the files ...." No matter how I tried, that always
> happened.

There's currently a problem with the jigdo files for 2.2r6 which makes
jigdo fail on the generation of the binary-1(-nonus) CD for i386.
Additionally, jigdo-easy is a bit problematic (in comparison to
jigdo-lite, it doesn't support fallback sites)...

What you should do is to keep around your half-finished CD image
download. In a few days, when the problem has been fixed, restart
jigdo-easy and enter the following servers:

Debian:  http://cdimage.debian.org/2.2r6-snapshot/
Non-US:  http://cdimage.debian.org/2.2r6-snapshot/non-US/

It will be able to retrieve the remaining files from there. (If you
tried that right now, you'd notice that one single file cannot be
found even with these server values.)

> I found that the jigdo file is the current, but the template
> file is 2-3 weeks older than jigdo file.

Yes, but that's OK.

> What's the best way to download debian image?

If you don't want to wait, you can use rsync to get the remaining
parts of the image. See the bottom of
<http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. A version of rsync for Windows
can be found inside the old PIK
<http://cdimage.debian.org/~costar/pseudo-image-kit/>.