Re: woody CDs...

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 12:21:48AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 19:50, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Er, you asked me on the 19th, and I told you that a run was in progress,
> and that they were available here:
>   rsync://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd-test
>   http://cdimage.debian.org/pre-release-jigdo
> Did you not get that?

I got the "in progress" part, I haven't seen anything about them being
"done" yet...

Looking at the jigdo url, it looks like alpha doesn't have any jigdo stuff
and just has a CD#1 .raw?

> I'll be doing another attempt tomorrow morning, starting with making
> sure that the previous failures are sorted out (i.e sparc) then doing a
> full run.

What's going to be made available where for release? Just jigdo stuff?
http/ftp/rsync-able images? Of all CDs for all architectures, or just
some for some? How are mirrors going to be expected to mirror stuff --
directly or with jigdo? How're CD vendors expected to mirror stuff? Are
the jigdo images for i386 likely to be broken now since some of the
packages that were in the archive on the 8th of April will have been
removed from the mirrors by now?

How long's it take to build them all? Will we reasonably have time to
do CDs for non-i386 before release, or will those need to be done in
the week or two following any final changes?

How sure are you that the CDs that're being generated actually work? Has
debian-cd ever actually produced working CDs for woody/sparc before
ever, eg?

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''