Re: pre-release Jigdo files appearing at cdimage.d.o, please test

On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 21:57, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> I tried generating the images with jigdo-lite, but run into problems.
> jigdo-lite was reporting one missing file ("Found 982 of the 983 files
> required by the template") and was not able to complete the
> image. This was my first time with jigdo but I suspect the problem was
> that non-US was updated after you had made the jigdo files.
>
> From woody-i386-1.jigdo:
>   % grep non-US woody-i386-1.jigdo
>   sljMO1JHdJDT_gQYa2IPtg=Non-US:dists/woody/non-US/Contents-i386.gz
>

> From the actual file system:
>   % jigdo-file md5sum dists/woody/non-US/Contents-i386.gz
>   Iegxgg-6cQCWTLwa4XFOrw  dists/woody/non-US/Contents-i386.gz
>
> Choosing some other file, such as tools/unz512x3.exe, gives the same
> checksum that is in the .jigdo file.

That's very odd --- I've downloaded the 1_NONUS image, and it worked
fine.

Richard, is this evidence that I need to add "Contents" to the list of
files to grep out of jigdo's input list?  Does jigdo just assume that if
it's given a name, it's a file that matches the one in the archive?  If
that were the case, how come the Packages files didn't get the same
treatment, because they're not excluded either?  Also, how could I have
just downloaded the image?

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/