Re: base*.tgz is gone, and why it's gone

> Better solution is probably to make the base.tgz's
> (say woody/disks-i386/current/basedebs.tgz and
> woody/disks-i386/current/basefile.tgz)

This seems to be the consensus...

> available only when we actually release (and at point releases).

Well, hopefully testing versions earlier so we can ensure it actually
works.  And won't we have to hack debootstrap so that at install time
one can point debootstrap to this tarball (local file and net I
guess).

Also we're going to need to add the interface to driving this from
dbootstrap.

> That ought to be relatively do-able.  Updating both tarballs should
> essentially just require a run of debootstrap on each arch.

Yah, looks like the mechanics of this are worked out. We just need a
volunteer to do it, right?

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>