Re: base*.tgz is gone, and why it's gone

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 11:33:32AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> Tell me the exact command to make a chroot for an ARM from my i386.

ssh some-arm-box debootstrap woody /nfs/i386/arm-chroot # :)

Actually, you could maybe do something like:

	* setup an NFS root that boots to the arm b-f's
	* point the arm board at that NFS share and boot to it
	* do an install to a second NFS share
	* point the arm board at the new NFS share and boot to it

That could even work, maybe.

Better solution is probably to make the base.tgz's
(say woody/disks-i386/current/basedebs.tgz and
woody/disks-i386/current/basefile.tgz) available only when we actually
release (and at point releases). That ought to be relatively do-able.
Updating both tarballs should essentially just require a run of
debootstrap on each arch.

Cheers,
aj