PowerPC Install CDs / Installing on a Powerbook G4

i'm not subscribed to this list, so i have no clue whether i'm
touching on something that's been discussed to great annoyance
already, but does anyone know what the problem is with the powerpc
install cds?  i know they're just broke, but why exactly is that?

second point: i've got myself a powerbook g4, and i'd really like to
get debian on this thing.. problem is is tha tthere's no disk drive
for me to boot off of, rev3 install cds don't work with the powerbook g4, and
rev4 cds don't work at all.. any suggestions on how to get debian on
it?

please include me in all replies, thanks