Re: cvs commit to debian-cd/tools/boot/potato by eb

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 08:46:32AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 03:47:16PM -0800, Ethan Benson écrivait:
> > the woody one is unimplemented right now, the only part of the potato
> > version that i might need changing is the yaboot binary extraction.
> > currently it looks for a deb under binary-powerpc/base/yaboot*.deb
> > will this be affected by the pool?  or are CDs still organized in the
> > old dists/codename/binary-$arch structure?
>
> CDs are affected by the pool. They always follow the FTP structure.

ok so the current woody bootable cd setup is broken then.  actually
potato's may be broken too since potato's yaboot is also in the pool.

here is the relevant brokeness:

# Extract yaboot from the archive
if [ -z "$YABOOT_DEBUG" ]; then
 (ar p $MIRROR/dists/$CODENAME/main/binary-powerpc/base/yaboot_* data.tar.gz | \
        tar zxf - -C powermac ./usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot)
 mv powermac/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot powermac/yaboot
 rm -rf powermac/usr
else
 cp -f $YABOOT_DEBUG powermac/yaboot
fi

im not sure what the best way to do this with pools is, since the pool
contains at least two and up to 3 different versions of yaboot.

> Yes, i'm not asking anything else. Keep them in sync if you don't
> need changes.

i think they both can be the same, if potato r4 CDs also have a pool
structure on them then we already have to fix the above.  without the
yaboot binary the CDs are not bootable.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/