Re: cvs commit to debian-cd/tools/boot/potato by eb

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 01:22:30AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 02:25:53PM -0800, Ethan Benson écrivait:
> > -hfs-bless CD$n (litterally) to the <n>.mkisofs_opts file.  i don't
> > think that the $n part will get expanded though in hindsight.. (i
> > can't test this because i can't make a full mirror).
>
> It will, I don't see why it wouldn't get expanded. Provided that you use
> "" and not ''. And it's $N (upper case) in your file...

yes i got it right now.  there are too many variables to keep track of ;-)

> BTW, you commited changes only tools/boot/potato/ ? Is that what you
> wanted to do ? Didn't you want to change the woody one ?

the woody one is unimplemented right now, the only part of the potato
version that i might need changing is the yaboot binary extraction.
currently it looks for a deb under binary-powerpc/base/yaboot*.deb
will this be affected by the pool?  or are CDs still organized in the
old dists/codename/binary-$arch structure?

> Anyway, I think that the change for potato won't hurt (since we use an
> older debian-cd for generating potato official images). But please, do the
> same change to the woody version ...

yes i will fix that one as well.

so for potato images do you use the debian-cd that uses mkhybrid?

> I'd like to release a new version of debian-cd soon so if you could commit
> your last changes that'd be cool.

ok, when i looked at the woody file they were totally different and
didn't appear that they ever would work.  i think just using the
potato version should probably work, unless the yaboot.deb is
somewhere else.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/