Re: Building Woody-CDs

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 07:39:07PM +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:
> > I was able to install woody with images created by debian-cd script.
> > But if I run "apt-cdrom add" I get the following error message:
>
> > Scanning Disc for index files.. Found 5 package indexes and 3 source indexes.
>                                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Simply delete the secure section from debian-cd's Makefile. It is
> incompatible with the current apt-cdrom implementation.

if this is true, this is absolute not nice.

If a debian user run a debian potato and buy a woody cd set with this,
he can't
 - insert first cd
 - add-cdrom add
 - apt-get dist-upgrade

With this, a upgrade to woody is only a hack (dpkg -i
/cdrom/upgrade/new_apt*.deb, rm /var/apt/lists/*secure*, or ...)

A solution?

Gruss
Grisu
Original Kundenzitat: "Firewall will das Management nicht, es reicht,
wenn wir am Wochenende den Netzwerstecker aus dem Server ziehen"