2.2r3 test images

Hi,

You'll be pleased to hear that I gave open.hands.com (a.k.a
cdimage.debian.org) a brain transplant today, so instead of being an
Athlon on a VIA chipset motherboard, it's now a PIII 750, on an Intel
chipset, with 512MB of new RAM

Unless we're stunningly unlucky, this should mean that open will be
back to a sensible level of stability (it's managed to do a CD
production run OK, which is a definite step in the right direction).

The new CD images are to be found here:

  rsync://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/potato_test/

the images are the *.raw files, and are in ISO9660 format (you'll
probably have to rename them to *.iso to work with Windoze CD writers)

I'm reasonably confident that these images are OK, except that I
notice they have the bulkmail binaries on them, which should have been
moved to non-free because the license may be discriminatory(against
SPAMers ;-)

This does mean that bulkmail is present in binary, but not source
form, which is also not good.

What do people think about this?  This matches the (slightly broken)
state of the main archive at present, so either I kludge debian-cd to
exclude bulkmail, or we wait (and wait?) for the archive to be fixed.

In the meantime, these images should be very similar to whatever gets
released, so feel free to download and test them, but hold of pressing
thousands of them until the versioned directories, with the signed
MD5SUMS appear.

Note: If you do grab these images, you can later use rsync's -H option
to create the hard links without downloading all the images again.
You'll need to mirror both the potato_test directory, and the
versioned directories at the same time for that to work.

Please report how you get on with these images, because the sooner I
get positive feadback, the sooner i can declare them official.

Cheers, Phil.

P.S. I just noticed that the alpha CDs came out with a 698865664 byte
CD 1_NONUS, which is too big, so I'll have to re-do them.
--
Say no to software patents!   http://petition.eurolinux.org/

Philip Hands.  +44 (0)20 7744 6244  philip.hands@uk.alcove.com
Alcove -- Liberating Software           http://www.alcove.com/