Re: cd images

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Ashwin R. Usgaocar wrote:
>
> > 	I recently downloaded a cd image of debian 2.2 from your
> > australian ftp site.I did not use the pseudo image kit but downloaded the
> > binary-i386-1-iso file straight. After running the checksum on this
> > file(without using rsync) i got the checksum which matches that of th
> > non-us version though the file i downloaded is not named as the non-us
> > package.Could you please let me know if there is any error in the file or
> > if the file requires any further processing.
>
> The non-US variant of the Binary-1 CD contains some additional software that
> can't (couldn't) be exported from the US, but is otherwise identical to the
> non-non-US variant. So it seems that you downloaded a little more than you
> originally intended, which of course is a good thing. If the md5sum matches,
> the image is correct -- burn & enjoy ;-)

what anne said.

if you look carefully, you'll see that we symlink the NonUS file to the same
name as binary-i386-1.iso - we had a number of user suggestions to do this
since they are (meant to be) functionally the same cd.

i've had at least one other person point out some confusion regarding the
md5sums and filename, so i will be putting up a README/.message explaining
the difference..

regards,

-jason