Re: cd images

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Ashwin R. Usgaocar wrote:

> 	I recently downloaded a cd image of debian 2.2 from your
> australian ftp site.I did not use the pseudo image kit but downloaded the
> binary-i386-1-iso file straight. After running the checksum on this
> file(without using rsync) i got the checksum which matches that of th
> non-us version though the file i downloaded is not named as the non-us
> package.Could you please let me know if there is any error in the file or
> if the file requires any further processing.

The non-US variant of the Binary-1 CD contains some additional software that
can't (couldn't) be exported from the US, but is otherwise identical to the
non-non-US variant. So it seems that you downloaded a little more than you
originally intended, which of course is a good thing. If the md5sum matches,
the image is correct -- burn & enjoy ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer