Re: Is there a "Pseudo Mirror Kit"?

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Olivier Delemar wrote:

> 	I'me looking for a secure, convenient, complete way of
> creating a debian dist "mirror" directory structure for use by
> debian-cd. Suppose you install a debian machine. After a few
> install/remove, you feel happy with your machine and want to create a
> custom CD that will be usefull to install clones of your debian box.
>
> 	What I do now for that purpose is:
> Fetch the debian/README.* files, tools, doc and indices directories
> from an official mirror site and put them on a local directory (called
> e.g. /mirror).
> Create the local /mirror/dists/potato/main/* directories.
> Fetch *one by one* all the desired packages from the mirror site and
> put them in the correct dirs under .../main. Ouch!
> Use debian-cd to create my custom, minimal iso image

If you only need the packages on the CD (i.e. you don't need in bootable,
don't need install stuff etc.), then simply put the packages "somewhere", use
dpkg-scanpackages to generate a Packages (and .gz), then mkisofs|cdrecord.

> 	I'm happy now, I have my CD. But I would be much more happy if
> there were a method or a tool to create my local mirror from just a
> raw list of desired packages. Any hints?

Hmm.. Try something like this: get the Packages file, grep -e ^Package: -e
^Filename: Packages, then for each package in the list
echo http://server/debian/`grep -A1 "^Package: $packagename" | grep ^Filename:
| cut -d ' ' -f 2-` >> urls.txt, then wget -x -i urls.txt

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer