Problem Creating CD from CD Image

Hello,

I tried twice to create a CD from the CD image.  Both times I was unsuccessful.  The CD's I burned were not bootable, couldn't be browsed in Windows, nor mounted from Linux.

Below are the steps I took and the errors I got.  I did this in Windows ME.

Does someone know why I'm experiencing problems?

Thanks,
Hermen

The steps I took:

  1. Downloaded the Pseudo-Image kit
  2. Downloaded binary-i386-1.list from http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/cd-images
  3. >From the DOS prompt I ran the command:
    1. make-pseudo-image binary-i386-1.list ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian
  4. Renamed pseudo-image to binary-i386-1.iso
  5. Ran rsync as follows:
    1. rsync --verbose --progress --stats --block-size=8192 aurolinux.mit.edu::debian-cd/2.2_rev2/i386/binary-i386-1.iso .
  6. Checked that the sum from the following command matched the results in http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/cd-images:
    1. md5sum -b binary-i386-1.iso
  7. The sums matched, so I used Adaptec's Easy CD Creator Version 4.02d to burn the CD
The error I got after I ran rsync:
ERROR: file corruption in binary-i386-1.iso.  File changed during transfer?
I saw no errors when I ran the make-pseudo-image command.

I tried to run rsync from both aurolinux.mit.edu, saens.debian.org, and ftp.fifi.org.  I got the same error from all three sites.

I tried to create a CD Image using Easy CD Creator from the CD Images I rsync'd from aurolinux.mit.edu and ftp.fifi.org.  In both cases Easy CD Creator said that it successfully created the CD from the CD Image.  But the CD that was burned was not bootable, nor could I browse it in Windows.

When I tried to mound the CD as root within Linux with the following command, it complained that there was "no medium found":

mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/hdc /cdrom