Re: Potato and Woody CD builds

What if we do something like this:

dpkg-scanpackages ..... > Packages
dpkg-scanpackages ...... >> Packages

in order to get the stuff from different areas of pool and dists into a
Packages file?

We won't have the standard sort order but at least it allows the Packages
file in dists/sid/main to reference stuff found in dists/potato/main and
pool/main on the same CD. It's a bit of a hack but it might do for now. If
I am correct in my thinking, it appears that debian-cd is placing the
needed deb files on the CD so the immediate problem is to build proper
Packages.* files. So I guess the approach for now is to do this before
making md5sums and images. I am willing to try it out. Does anyone see a
reason it won't work?

BTW - My idea is to replace the Packages, Packages.cd and Packages.cd
files since they do not currently reference all the deb files installed on
the cd rather than create a single large one.