Re: Packages in Official Images

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Kyle Moore wrote:

> I created cd's of binary-i386-1_NONUS, binary-i386-2 and binary-i386-3
> with the pseudo-image-kit. The checksums are great on all three after
> running correct-i386-2. When I installed from these disks I notice the
> full-blown Netscape Communicator is not available. Is this normal? When

Yep, this is normal. Netscape is non-free software, and non-free isn't on the
CDs. You can however readily download it from our FTP sites, see
  http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist

But if you have a fast Internet connection on that computer, you might as well
add some FTP mirror to your /etc/apt/sources.list, to have everything fetched
automatically. See the top-level README on the CDs for more info on that.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer